For us, Pilates is about YOU…
...and also about
BUILDING AWARENESS,CONTROL & STRENGTH,
At Pilates we try to teach you to focus on the following things.
1. YOU– Spending Time on yourself and your body without guilt
2. AWARENESS & CONTROL – building awareness of how your body moves, learning what shapes it can make, what feels challenging and what feels easy. It is about finding and improving control of your movements.
3. STRENGTH – Building strength throughout your body and your movement.
4. PATIENCE – knowing that you won’t be a Pilates guru from day one, that it takes time to know your body and how it moves and feels, and being ok with that. Being patient with your progress and enjoying the process of learning something new.
5. PERSISTENCE – about building a practice, weather it be once a week or once a day, and being consistent and persistent with the practice you choose.
6. CHALLENGE – about challenging yourself to be patient, challenging your body to rise above what your mind may think is possible.
7. ENJOYMENT– Finally we try to teach you that pilates is about moving your body in a way that you enjoy, doing something because you find it pleasurable rather than because you feel like you should!
At Pilates HQ our focus is not on getting you to achieve a certain body type or shape, but on enjoying moving and strengthening your body and spending time on you, for you!